Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thoughts on Thanksgiving.

Today is a day set aside for all of us to reflect upon all that we have in which we are thankful.  It doesn't mean that we are any less thankful for those things any other day of the year, or that we should not share our thanks with others when they do or say that for which we are grateful, appreciative or much obliged.

This day is a special day of thanks as we look upon all that we have already acknowledged, but also to find those things for which we have not yet said thanks for, or discover that some past trouble is now a lesson learned, an experience gained, wisdom which we did not have and now can be thankful for and which we may be able to pass on to another.

This day is a special day of thanks that we can, hopefully, gather with family, friends and friends that are family and share with them those things that we are most grateful for in life and in them.

This day is a special day because it matters not in any system of belief or matter of conscience, only that we see what there is in our life, be it all that one can amass in this material world, or one small shred of hope that cannot be extinguished no matter the weight of all our other woes.

I am so ever thankful for so many things, that to list them all, if I could recall each one, would create a missive that would end up on the TL;DR list.  So, for the time being and for the sake of brevity (I know, I know...something y'all are thankful for), I will just say that for all the wonderful people who love, care and support me, for the things I am able to do, the things I can enjoy, the love and life that I am able to share with others, these things I am thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment